The Foundation has been approved by the PA Department of Community and Economic (DCED) Development as an educational improvement organization. This means we are eligible to receive EITC donations, and businesses that donate to us receive tax credits in exchange.
Tax credits may be equal to 75 percent of a contribution, up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year. Credits can be increased to 90 percent of the contribution, if a business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive tax years.
Eligible businesses include those authorized to do business in Pennsylvania and which are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
– Corporate Net Income Tax
– Capital Stock Franchise Tax
– Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
– Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
– Insurance Premiums Tax
– Mutual Thrift Institution Tax
– Insurance Company Law of 1921
– Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners
For applications, the application timeline, and other information, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s website: