Date: Saturday, March 5th (Inclement Weather Date: Sunday, March 6)
Time: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
*Exact times will be sent to participating teams. Event times will be based on the number of sign-ups, number of divisions, etc.
Location: Perkiomen Valley High School (509 Gravel Pike, Collegeville, PA 19426)
COVID-19 Information: The Foundation will be following all guidelines set forth by the CDC and Perkiomen Valley School District at the time of the event. However, the Foundation strongly recommends masks be worn by everyone (except players when playing) since this event is open to children who do not have the option of being vaccinated.
Registration is now open and the last day is Thursday, February 10th. Click here to register.
Registration for the team is $150, due at registration. You will need the following information for each team member:
- name (first and last)
- parent/guardian email address
- and shirt size
EVERY PLAYER must have a completed waiver. Waivers must be filled out by each player’s parent/guardian. Waivers can be completed prior to registration.
If a player does not have a completed waiver, they will not be able to participate in our Dodgeball Tournament. Click here for the waiver.
Teams are made up of 6-10 players and may be co-ed. Students should be in grades K-8. Team name and uniform are encouraged. Please note: At least 70% of your team members must be PV residents. Teams will compete in age-appropriate divisions.
If you would like to be on a team, but do not currently have one, we suggest posting in our Facebook Event Page with your child’s school and grade as well as in your school’s Facebook Group.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best Dressed,
- Best Team Name,
- First Place Teams per Division,
- *NEW this year* Top Fundraising Team
- The game begins with three balls to the left and right of the centerline. Six (6) players stand on their backcourt line. Balls to the left belong to your team and can be retrieved when the whistle blows, signaling the start of the contest.
- Players that cross the centerline are eliminated from the game.
- You cannot hold the ball for longer than 5 seconds. This violation results in the loss of possession of all team balls. You cannot stop a ball with a ball (by holding it); this will count as a direct hit and will eliminate the player.
- A player is eliminated if they are hit with a ball below the neck (ducking eliminates this rule).
- The ball is dead once it touches the floor.
- Suppose a teammate catches an opposing player’s throw. In that case, the opposing player is eliminated, and one teammate who was eliminated can return to the game. The first player eliminated returns first.
- Intentional delay of the game will result in loss of possession of all team balls
- All referee decisions are final, and the referee will determine any rule not covered above.
- No plays or games will be replayed due to a referee’s call being interpreted as a bad call.
The first team to eliminate the opposing team wins. If neither team has been eliminated after regulation time (5 minutes), the team with more remaining players wins. If an equal number of players remain after regulation time, a sudden death period will decide the winner. Six shooters each have one ball to throw at one defender (30 seconds maximum time limit). The number of hits is recorded, the roles are reversed. The team with the most hits will be declared the winner.
Thank you for supporting our biggest fundraiser of the year – our Dodgeball Tournament!
Each year, students look forward to participating and creating their unique team names and uniforms. At the event, teams compete to see who is the best of the best on the court.
PVSDF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, created to encourage excellence by enhancing and enriching the educational opportunities offered to the students of the Perkiomen Valley School District. Our mission is to provide funding for programs and projects that would not otherwise be available through tax dollars or other traditional sources.
Sponsorship Levels: Dodge ($2,500), Dip ($1,000), Duck ($500), Dive ($250)
*NEW THIS YEAR*
Each team will have the opportunity to do additional fundraising. Although fundraising won’t affect your standing in the Dodgeball Tournament, the team who raises the most will be awarded a $250 Gift Card to the Collegeville Italian Bakery.
After registering a team, the person who registered the team will get an email with the link for their team’s fundraising page. Share this link far and wide with folks who want to support your team. To view a list of all teams, click here. On this site, you will be able to donate to the event as a whole or to a specific team.
If someone would prefer to make a cash or check donation, please make your check or money order payable to Perkiomen Valley School District Foundation. Please include the dodgeballer/team you would like to support and “Dodgeball” in the memo line or in a note accompanying the check.
Donations can be mailed to the following address:
Perkiomen Valley School District Foundation
3 Iron Bridge Drive
Collegeville, PA 19426
Thank you much for supporting educational opportunities!
- Best Team Dress: BALL-erinas
- Best Name: Can’t Dodge This
- *NEW* Most Raised: The Cheeseballz
- Minor Division: Throwbocops
- Medium Division: Untouchaballs
- Major Division: Viking Ballers
- Best Team Dress: CEOs of Dodgeball
- Best Name: Game is Throws
- Mini Division: Team Venom
- Minor Division: Disco Derby Dodgers
- Medium Division: Ball of Duty
- Major Division: Philly Philly